Tuesday 14 January 2014

Tim's 12 Tags of 2014


Morning all. I'm sharing my take on Tim's first tag from his 12 tags of 2014 if you follow the link you can see Tim's inspiration and his step by step on how he has made his Jan tag.
After a great day's crafting with Neil Walker yesterday we both set about tackling Tim's first tag of the year.
I have tried to put my own little spin on Tims tag whilst still aiming to remain true.
For my tag I used a Tando-Creative Mixed Media Board, these are made from chip board/gray board and are brilliant for using paint and various mixed media products as they hold up much better than straight paper.
For my background I used Decoart American Acrylic paint's, I used one of
Andy Skinners stencils for my numbers and coloured some of their modelling paste with some paint and used The Crafters Workshop Shabby Harlequin stencil.
 Instead of the Sizzix pocket watch I decided to go a little more 3d and used Tim's ideology watch and added one of his clock faces to the inside with a couple of his compass hands.The chain was added and the watch was glued to a couple of circles that had been die cut.
The top circle was covered with sticky foil and embossed with one of Tim's embossing folders, this was aged with some black acrylic paint.
To finish off I added some chit chat stickers and a couple more pieces of ideology.

The plan this year is to do all of Tim's tags with my own little twist, let's see if I can follow through.
 Thanks as always for stopping by. I'm going to be linking this up to Tim's play along.

I would also like to enter this into the challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. they are having an anything goes challenge.







15 comments:

  1. Me likey! What are you going to do with them all when you are done??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teri. If I stick with and manage to do all twelve I might make a tag book, till then it will be pinned to the cork board with the others lol.

      Delete
  2. I love your take on Tim's tag, it is wonderful. I love that you used the pocket watch with the idea-ology clock face inside, that was a very clever idea! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful take one Tim's first tag of the year. I love that you use the board for your background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful tag, love all the metal elements !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious take on Tim's tag - love those Media Boards, they give it such a cool retro look. And the clock face plus the pocket watch - genius combo!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome tag Mark! I should do some more Tim Holtz projects. But don't know what to make. Plus, still busy with my scrapbook albums.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for Tim, but I like your tag better! LOL
    You can see another twist of this tag on the De Stempelwinkel Designteamblog on the 19th, made by Bea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab tag, Mark! How fun that you boys got your craft on. Love your take on Tim's inspiration. Hmmm... May enjoy playing along with this. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Mark, this is such a fabulous tag! I love the beautiful background stamping and the metal embellishments. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant tag Mark. The cream and grey background is gorgeous and the inked black edge of the tag really makes it. Looking forward to seeing the other 11 tags throughout the year :) Px

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow...your Tim tag is awesome, Mark. I have GOT to get my rear in gear and start doing some of these challenges again! :) I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a very sweet comment about my last piece for SSS. I am looking forward to what lies ahead...whatever that may be. I also wanted to thank you for the "heads up" about Andy Skinner being at CHA. I am so p*ssed that I missed him! He is like a paint and technique God and I missed him! Grrr.... I so love his work. And, I love your work as well. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always I love your take on the tag much more :-D It's way livelier and I love how you made the watch stand out. Great texture and color combo too ... Stunning project. I keep my fingers crossed that you can make all twelve ... and I'm so much looking forward to what will come next. Hugs, Suzanne xx

    ReplyDelete