Saturday 4 January 2014

Steampunk Nelly take 2

 Welcome back and thanks for stopping by? I hope the weather has not been to bad where ever you are? It has been a tad wet here over the last few weeks.
 Now today I am sharing my Steampunk Elephant take 2 with you, I first posted this a couple of weeks ago but the stamping just did not quite work for me and as this was an Xmas present I really wanted to be 100% happy with the result and this is what I came up with.
I decided to add a couple of torn sections showing the inner workings of my clockwork Nelly and re did the paint job to cover the stamping.







The elephant has been painted using Decoart acrylic paints and the cogs etc are some watch parts, some charms and cut card.
The elephant itself is from the Charity The Elephant parade
their aim is to raise funds and awareness for the Asian Elephant.
Each year they visit different cities through Europe with outside exhibits of large painted elephants the designs are from various artists and celebrates, I think they are doing Cardiff later this year.If you get the chance to see them it is well worth the day out.


 As always, thank you for stopping by. Have a great weekend x

I would like to enter my Nelly into a couple of challenges.

Over at SanDee & Amelies Steampunk Challenge, they are having a 'Use Your New Stash' challenge. The Elephant is new and I have just got the watch parts.

Punkyou Girl are having a Steampunk challenge.


14 comments:

  1. Wow, awesome artwork, Mark!

    So great to have you play with us :)
    And congrats on your workshop assignment - what an adventure for 2014! Enjoy!

    Thanks for playing with us at SanDee&amelie's!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great now. Thake 1 looked unfinished to me

    This one is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooo fabulous! Just love all the great details!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks amazing Mark!
    Happy Sunday to you...seems strange not to be going to the CB today :(
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful Mark, I love the colour now and the watch parts are just the perfect finishing touch. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL - each and every elephant in our house is called Nelly (Baby Nelly, Nelly Mum, Uncle Nelly ...) ;-) brings back memories ... Yours is absolutely adorable!! The watch parts are just the finishing touch it needed. Perfect!!
    Didn't you want to send me a belated birthday present? LOL Hugs, Suzanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sure looks much better now, something was missing. I think you have found the right way to complete it, a good idea to make it look like she's "torn" and you can look inside.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic work Mark. He is superb. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mark...your elephant is very cool! I love the colors and the way they seem to run down the elephant. That looks so cool! The mechanical metallic pieces you've added are very cool and add such a neat look to your elephant. I love it! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that is stunning Mark! I love the elephant, fabulous inner workings on show! Love the wind up key! And stunning colours! Love it! thanks for sharing at PunkyouGirl this month! Mo dt x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your little steampunk elephant looks very good and you painted him in my favourite colour, so I love him very much.
    Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool like the color of the elephant. Hope your weekend going well?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent colours and gears from below are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is AWESOME I love elephants and this is the best I have seen for a while just gorgeous Mark thanks for joining us at Punk You Girl

    ReplyDelete