Thursday 9 January 2014

Octopode Factory, Clowns

Morning all, Sorry for the post heavy week, lots has been going on recently.
I'd like to start by welcoming my newest followers, thanks for joining me x
 Today I am sharing a couple of Lily's new images from The Octopode Factory. She has just released 4 clowns.
I have used two of the images for these Tando-Creative mixed media boards .
 This is the last of my recent Gelli Plate prints, I have had so much fun using it I will be getting it out again soon I am sure.
 The back grounds have been created with various Crafters Workshop stencils and Decoart acrylic paints. The prints have been cut to size and glued to the boards, The Octopode images have been coloured with Copics, fussy cut and glued to the prints. the Alphabet stamp set is from De Stempelwinkel and is the October Crow font. (from the movie)
Both boards have been coated with Decoarts Triple thick glaze.
 Thank you so much for stopping by. I love having you here.


I would like to enter these guys into the challenge over at the new challenge blog Open-Minded Crafting, they are having a use a new toy or technique. The new clown images are my new toy and the Gelli plate is still fairly new to me.


14 comments:

  1. These are amazing Mark, I love your backgrounds they always looks so smooth and glossy! Octopode Factory are some of my favorites, I'll have to grab up some clowns!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful art, Mark. Love them both. The backgrounds are fabulous.
    Love those clowns, have to get some when they come out in rubber !!
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look fabulous, Mark - especially love the vivid colours of the first, which come to life under your glossy treatment!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous little artworks Mark! Finally, some clowns that don't creep me out...these are quite cute!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mark, these are fab. I love the domino work. Great image. Thanks so much for sharing with us at OMCF for our very first challenge.

    Em, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are SO WONDERFUL Mark!! I love them both!! OMG I really want them LOL I love them so much!! Love the way you colored them up too!! Works of art ... definitely!!! Wow!!! Thank you so much for entering them over at our first challenge at Open-Minded!! I'm so excited that you did :)

    - Susan
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    {Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges}

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sooooo happy to see you in our New challenge ;o) Those are some awesome clowns! I'm not usually a clown person but these are not as scary they are just fun! Love that new technique that you have used. I got myself a gelli plate... I have to use it now... I think I'm scared lol ;o)

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - love the Gelli plate backgrounds AND the stamping AND the colours! :)
    Really awesome makes - both of them!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Mark, it doesn't show that you have no art background, I'd say it is a natural talent!! Love the background on these and the images are super cool, love the way you colored them! Thanks for joining us and sharing these fab cards at Open-Minded!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very awesome I am not a big clown fan. But these are nice. Hope everything going well across the pound for ya?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the bright colors and your background work! You´ve got an amazing and unique style!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, love the image and the colors you have used. Thank you for joining in with our first ever challenge over at Open-Minded Crafting Fun, Good luck and we hope to see you again soon. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fascinating technique and such a fun image. Thanks for sharing at OMCF.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete