Monday 25 March 2013

Smeared Inks no colourd pens or pencils, GDT

Ok so here is post three in two days.
 This month I have been lucky enough to have been invited to be the guest designer for Smeared Ink and they have just started their new challenge. Use colour but NO copics/pro markers or coloured pencils etc.
You can use inks, paints, sprays,chalks, pretty much anything other than the usual colouring suspects.
 I started out with a plain bisque tile and have used acrylic paints from deco art.
the image is one of my rubber stamps from smeared inks as death set, they also do this as a digi image.
The phrase is from the same set.
.
 The wire mesh stamp is from the Poe set and has been stamped with versa mark ink and had perfect pearls brushed over. The tile was finished off with a couple of coats of satin varnish giving a wet sand in between coats to give a smoother finish.

Head on over to Smeared Ink and check out some awesome inspiration from their Design Team.

There is also a week left of my Guest Designer Challenge on their forum. head on over and join in the fun, they have so many things going on over there it is well worth the visit.

Thanks as always for stopping by, Ive kept it short and sharp today. One more post to come tomorrow and then I shall leave you in peace for the rest of the week ;)
Mark xx

7 comments:

  1. WOW awesome colors and love the stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing image - the colours are fabulous! Off to check out some more stuff at Smeared Ink...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh pooh... yes, I remember now - I went and looked yesterday after your DT throwdown post, and it won't let me sign in with any of my identities...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stamp image you've chosen, love those hot colours. What a wicked challenge, I think I might have cheated and used a paintbrush and inks lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recognise that technique. . . ! Gorgeous colours and slightly scary imgage - get's the imagination working overtime to be honest (too much Fifty Shades probably!!). Teehee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME Mark !!! A beautiful image set off by your fabulous backing. I love the vibrant colours and such wonderful techniques :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the vibrant colors on your piece, Mark, and the overall design is great! It's been a blast having you as GDT this month. Thanks for your fabulous contributions!

    ReplyDelete