Saturday 6 October 2012

Something a little colourful ;)

Just a quick and simple post today, I have been playing around with the Dylusion sprays, Bright colours are not really my thing so I wanted to come out of my comfort zone.This tag was inspired by demo's I saw a little while back by Linda Elbourne she is a master/mistress of tim holtz and ranger style crafting, Running a pub last I heard so I hope we get to see her back in a craft room soon.
 I cut my tag from some mount board and coloured it up with orange Dylusion sprays with a little bit of the yellow in the top and bottom. when they were dry i added some of the ripe persimmon re inker and smeared it all over the top, it bought out and gave a real richness to the colours.
I then stamped the mushrooms, made a mask for them and then over stamped with Tims Honey comb in a light orange and then stamped the leaves with a darker red archival ink, the sentiment is also from Dyan Reaverley  'the world of reality has its limits, but the world of imagination is boundless' I coloured the mushrooms with the pink dylusion spray applied with a brush. the white spots were done with my jell pen as were the dots on the leaves. The stamped girlie is from Tim Holtz, I cut her wings off, she has the sentiment 'be yourself' and I think it fits quite well with the Dyan senti. I coloured her with copics in contrasting colours.
the ribbon was scrunched up and sprayed with orange Dylusion's and then rubbed in some Fired Brick distress ink. I also added some frilly wire ribbon, this was coloured with blue and purple sprays to match the little girl.

I would like to enter this into a couple of challenges, over at Simon Says Stamp And Show their theme is Leaf-spiration, basically use leaves ;)
I would also like to enter this into the challenge over at The Artistic Stamper their challenge for October is 'The natural world'

Thank you everyone new and old who keep visiting and leaving comments, It constantly blows me away. Thank you all xx

16 comments:

  1. Completely storming tag, Mark! Love the colours - I'm not a brights-type either, but this blew me away! The toadstools are glorious, and the little girl looks brilliant against the reds - makes them even zingier... a big WOW!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it and I do like bright colours so you've got me already! Love the little girl sitting there on the toadstool - having one main figure is a look I'd like to try too. Great tag Mark.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing tag Mark. Love the bright colours.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mark, one word - WOW! Well, maybe a couple more - great colours, great colouring, great stamping.....you have done an amazing job on this.....Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...oh my what a greeting this tag gives, strong bold & bright with crisp stamping, excellent inking and I just adore the image...great stuff Mark...Melxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another string to your bow....bright colours. Great tag. Love francesca

    ReplyDelete
  7. a really striking tag and i love the vibrant rich tones against the dashes of white...so effective..
    another fab make!
    thanks for the kind comments..hope i am n the mend.x hugs trace x
    we must organise anther tag swap soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowza!!! For someone who doesn't normally 'do' colour, this blows the creative socks off. It's brilliant. absolutely gorgeous. Love the strong, bold use of orange and the way you've paired it with it's complimentary colour. You have such creative flair. Please bottle it up and send some to me please lol. Pxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Thats beautiful, the bleu on the red! Great tag Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the bright colours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Mark.....Loving the bright colours on this tag and the little girl is just darling. Lovin it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love your choice of colours and i miss you somewhere else (:o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous rich colours on this tag Mark, & a great design! I do miss Linda! Thanks for joining in the Artistic Stamper challenge
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those colour choices....makes a great tag ;)
    Thanks for playing along at The Artistic Stamper this month.
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cool toadstools and image. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great tag, and so different from your usual style! I have that image and wanted to put her on a mushroom, those are just perfect, are they Dyan's too?

    ReplyDelete