Ok, So just how many followers will leave after this little post? ;)
This monstrosity has been created for our new challenge over at Haunted Design House Our latest theme is 'I Want To Play A Game' If you are a fan of Horror you will recognise the quote as coming from the Saw franchise.
Over the next two weeks we want to see your Saw or Game inspired creations. Head on over to see what our DT have created.
For my make I have gone more down the lines of creating something that might look at home on the set of the films, I am picturing tens of these on a wall with some macabre contraption with he victim strapped in and having to go through all the keys to get out and survive.
I started of with a candle holder available from Country Love Crafts, you should be able to find a stockist list on their page somewhere.
All the mediums and paints are from the new Decoart Media Line
The whole piece was given a coat of gesso, Modelling paste was then applied with a pallet knife to add texture,some fabric mesh was pushed into the paste and in places more paste was added to give a worn and decayed look. After the first layer of modelling paste was dry I used the 12" Harlequin stencil from The Crafters Workshop and applied more modelling paste , quite thick this time as I really wanted the diamonds to stand out from the background.. To finish off on the texture front I used some of Decoart's texture sand mainly applying this with a stiff brush to the raised areas.Once dry I painted the whole piece with a watered down Gesso mix.
Using the new fluid acrylics I mixed up my bas colour. How you use the fluid acrylics is a little different to using a normal paint, they are still water based and non toxic like all Decoart products but these new fluid acrylics are pretty much pure high quality pigment, they are an artist quality paint.With them being packed so full of pigment they are ideal for colour washes and mixing with a base white to get what ever colour you require.
I squeezed some white Americana paint out which will form the body of my paint, I then added just 3 drops of fluid acrylic and mixed together to get a nice grey blue base colour. It is incredible how little was needed to get the colour I wanted.A mix of washes and dry brushing came next to give the aged look and I really like how the candle sconce turned out.
The hooks were added as was the chain and old keys.The number plate was given a rusty finish, again using the media products the numbers were stamped over a grungy painted piece of paper.
The Charlotte doll was aged using some paint and one of the new antiquing fluids.
The dolls head was Gessoed and then painted with red and black acrylic paint and was spritzed to get some of the pain to run together. once dry some of the crackle medium was added and paint rubbed into the cracks. I finished off by adding an old jubilee clip to the base of the neck and added it to the shelf.
Thanks for stopping by, I hope your tummy has not been turned to much ;)
I had so much fun playing with this project and love all the different textures and colours.
Hopefully I wont lose to many of you ;)
If you fancy getting your freak on we would love to see what you will come up with. you do not need to be quite as macabre as this ;) we just want to see your take on our theme. You can alter a game piece or go for a full on Saw experience. Just have fun xx
Hopefully Ill see you next time xxx
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge are having a D is for Distress challenge.
Punkyou Girl are having a fairy tales gone bad theme. Not sure if Saw counts as a fairy tale but things have defiantly gone bad.
The Stampotique Designers Challenge No137 are having a Textured Background challenge. My go to texture is modelling paste and texture sand. I love these two mediums together, As for my stamp, it's the numbers, its the october crow font from de stempelwinkel