Monday 17 February 2014

That Craft Place - Guest DT and Some Pictures fresh From Stitches ;)



Well, A little late today for this post, but a good excuse, honest. After a very long but very enjoyable day at the Stitches Trade Show Demoing for Decoart I am now back at the Hotel and can get to writing my post.
This is my first post as a guest designer for Lisa over at That Craft Place, the theme for this two week challenge is 'Make Or Alter A Box'
If you are not familiar with That Craft Place, they are a lovely and friendly shop located in Eastbourne (UK)
They also do a brilliant mail order service and have an incredibly friendly and active face book group, all the details can be found in the sidebar of the blog page. The Bricks and Mortar shop can be found HERE.
I will be popping up from time to time throughout the year and am very honoured to have been asked to contribute to along with her regular DT, I am sure you will recognise some familiar faces over there. 
Now this challenge was just what I love to do,I love altering boxes, adding texture and depth, I am also a huge fan of projects that have a use at the end ;)
This started life as a cigar box, I managed to come back from Las Vegas with a case full of them ;) Yes customs did search the bag, all the boxes were full of things like dylusion sprays, ink pads and stamps, I think they were a little disappointed.
The main focal point of the box is this beautiful stencil designed by Lisa and is from her own range of stencils. I used modelling paste coloured with decoart acrylic paint and applied with a pallet knofe through the stencil, when dry, the box was painted with various colours and aged up with washes of paint. I used The Crafters Workshop clock faces stencil, Andy Skinners Code Breaker Stencil and a text stamp from The Artistic Stamper. Finally I used Decoarts two step crackle to give a nice aged look.
The Challenge runs for two weeks and it would be great to see you joining in,The DT have created some amazing projects with a vast range of styles.

To finish of here are some pics from Day 1 at Stitches that I shared earlier on Facebook, I will post a few more over the next couple of days.
As always a big ol thanks for stopping by xx



The stand before the show opened, this is where Ill be demoing and holding the make and takes.
Thanks for everyone who stopped by today.Was great to have Lisa and Lyn on the first make and take of the day. Hope you enjoyed it ;)
I have been using the brand new chalk paints, I will be sharing my projects and test pieces after the show ends.


This Is where Andy Skinner will be going through the amazing new Media range


The Ladies on the second Make and take of the day.


The man himself, Mr Skinner

6 comments:

  1. Lisa's stencil is a real beauty and I love what you have done with it. Thanks for sharing pics from Stitches, always nice to see how the other half live - lol. Hope you have lots of visitors and really enjoy it Mark. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really beautiful box, I love it and I adore Lisa's stencil x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant altered box... the stencil is gorgeous (off to check it out, obviously!). Congrats on your regular guest spot, very cool.

    And thank you so much for considering us non-Facebookers - great to see some of what you're up to at Stitches!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this box in person and it its simply exquisite! Can't wait to see all of the clock! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love your altered box Mark. It's amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was great meeting you at Stitches and I really enjoyed the Make & Take :). And what a surprise to find myself on the picture on your blog :). I love your altered box and the stencil looks beautiful. I've been to That Craft Place a couple of time when visiting my F-I-L in Eastbourne - lovely shop with a very friendly service :). Best wishes from Oxford!

    ReplyDelete