Tuesday 28 January 2014

The Octopode Factory - Valentines mixed media boards. Honest, It's still me.



First off, a great big thank you for stopping by, and a big welcome to my new followers, It really means a lot having you here and I can't believe I have just hit the 200 mark. Thank you all so much xx. I told you yesterday that I was addicted to making these Tando-Creative mixed media boards and after the darker side of Valentines has already been unleashed, time for something a little less dark from me, and yes this is still me, honest, I know, I had no idea I could do something that might pass as Cute and Pink, do not panic, I'm sure usual service will resume soon ;-) Over at The Octopode Factory, Lily and the DT are highlighting several of the images that are great for the up and coming 14th Feb.You can find her Etsy shop HERE Both these boards have been given the same treatment as yesterday's Cupid board.I used Decoart's Faux Finish Medium to act as a resist over the Copic coloured charachters and have used Distress inks to colour and stamp the backgrounds.I have used stamps from De Stempelwinkel and Tim Holtz.Both have been sealed with Decoart's Satin glaze.
Thanks for stopping by xx

I would like to enter these into the challenge over at Perfectly Rustics, they are having a 'Show The Love' challenge, they want to see the word love somewhere on your project.

14 comments:

  1. Loving your Love Is Blind image! Fab colouring & background. I can actually look at your pink tags & not want to grimace ( that's a compliment as don't do pink lol).

    Fabtastic Tags:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving both of your great mixed media pieces Mark, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great Seth, I love Octopode and your really making them shine here. Those mixed media boards are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Opps, I meant Mark, not Seth.. sorry LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering if someone had taken over your blog.....only joking. Both of the images are lovely and they really suit all that pink. Congratulations on the 200 too! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, we all have our pink moments (even I have recently!) - and these work brilliantly... yes, pink, but with more than a hint of quirky, and therefore still definitely you! Congrats on your double century - fantastic!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pink!!! Love it...you should use it more often!
    Great images too.

    kyla

    ReplyDelete
  8. darkness is only the absence of light and pink and fabulous, is just fabulous darlink! EE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww! They're lovely Mark! ;o) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are beautiful, love the colours you have used. Thanks for sharing the love at Perfectly Rustics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards, I really like the detail with your background stamping. Thank you for joining us at Perfectly Rustics. Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for reminding me. I've got both these stamps and adore them. Love what you've done with them. Pink, eh? Too funny! xxD

    ReplyDelete