Thursday 25 April 2013

De StempelWinkel - Pen Holder



A very quick post today, It's my turn over at De StempelWinkel to come up with something.

A few weekends ago I was at the big craft show at Ally Pally and I had my first encounter with the MDF man, I spent a small fortune and bought several of these really cool pen holders.
For more pics and a little more info on what I have done, head over to De StempelWinkel.
They have daily posts from their awesome DT show casing their stamps and productsThanks for stopping by, It's always appreciated xx

8 comments:

  1. Didn't take you long to start transforming them! I meant to take a closer look the other day but forgot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really great make Mark and useful too! I always spend too much too with MDF Man but his stuff is such great quality and reasonably priced.... that's my excuse anyway! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mark this looks interesting - do I recognise that technique??!! Off to have a closer look. Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mark, I was looking for your email as I have a couple of question for you...

    What type of embossing ink do you use before applying the embossing powder to your Copic coloured images and what type of powder is it? Detailed, regular or ultra thick?

    Love your work by the way.

    Stewart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Stewart. Thanks for the comments. The embossing ink is just called emboss.I think versamark and even the tim holtz distress emboss pads will work just fine. The powder is just the normal clear embossing powder, not fine or Ultra thick, although one coat of ultra thick works. I find two coats of the normal powder gives a nice smooth finish, the first coat is a bit pitted, like orange peel.
      hope this helps, Mark.

      Delete
  5. Hi Mark,
    I quickly scrolled past that scary clown, & found this fabulous pen pot! Love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete