Monday 11 March 2013

Smudgy Antics GDT Anything But A Card

So how is every one doing this Monday? Over here in Blighty it's bloody cold more snow with more on the way, great fun (not)
 Firstly a great big thank you for stopping by and a great big welcome to my newest followers and of course a big hello to those of you that have been here before as well.
 Secondly, a boob by me means I had to piece this together this afternoon rather speedily, what happened was, I got the dates wrong for the new challenge that has just started over at Smudgy Antics the theme is Anything But A Card. I thought I had till the 15th, (dumb ass)
Anyway as part of my Guest Designer status I have come up with a fat page for my little book of dark arts.
 I started off by painting the page with some read and green Acrylic paints and then doing a second coat using translucent red and green,
The Smeared Ink stamp is from the rubber version of the As Death set and has been stamped with white ink, I also added a little bit of a script stamped randomly with black archival ink to break up the colour a little.
The two skulls have been made with black Dream Weaver paste applied through Andy Skinners Skull stencil, the one stencil has the images, the small and large skull and also a profile, these will work great with the Smeared Ink Anatomy set.
Once the paste was dry I used some Treasure Gold in Spanish Topaz, I only got this product at the weekend and I am loving it, It is just another rub and buff, it is more like a soft moose in texture than some of the thinker guilding rubs but works just the same,  there are some great colours in the range as well. The Tim Holtz book plate was also given a go over with the Spanish Topaz rub and one of Tim's word tickets was cut to fit inside.
The edges of the page and a little bit of the surface was also given a light rub just to give a little shimmer in places.
To finish it off I used one of Tims frame corners in the top corner.The small pic is just to show it is in fact a page and not a card ;)

Head on over to Smudgy Antics to see what the DT have created for inspiration, I'm sure you will not be disappointed by their makes, Some truly creative pieces.
Whilst your there why not join in, we would all love to see what you can come up with.

Again, thank you for stopping by and hopefully Ill see you again tomorrow x


12 comments:

  1. Loving your FB page Mark. I think I might have to get these masks and paste after all, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops, hit send before finishing my comment.
      I'm really happy you're on "our side of the fence" at SA this month. Your art is still fab!

      Delete
  2. Hi Mark, I am totally in love with Andy's skull mask! Your background is fantastic, great colours. I can just see a hint of the Treasure Gold, thanks for explaining the texture of it, that was really helpful. An amazing page. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, love it! Another stunning and fab addition to your fat book. This skull stencil is just gorgeous! And I love the effect you achieved by using the different shades of colors in the background. Suzanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you've done with your Skinner mask Mark. Haven't used mine yet but still drooling over it. Love the spanish topaz too - great effect.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mark..this is stunning. Love the gesture and layers you have created. Brilliant page

    TFS
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous FB page Mark. Great choice of stamps and I love what you did with the Andy Skinner stencil, FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful, love your use of layering images. I haven't seen a Fat Book in years, great idea to make it dark :) Px

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wow of a page - the colours are so full of depth thanks to the layering and all that stamping is fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just freakin' awesome Mark! Love the different effects that you have going on here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have the use of the skulls very cool and the color just makes this card pop.

    ReplyDelete