Tuesday 26 March 2013

Fun With ATC's Writing

Well if you are still with me Thank you, 4th post in 3 days, I should stretch things out more ;)
 Today we are starting our new challenge over at Fun With ATC's the theme for the next two weeks is writing, nice and simple, we just want to see an element of something written, it can be a text stamp or even your own hand writing.
 My ATC as always was cut from mount board, I used a cover the card stamp and heat embossed the image in black powder and used Dusty Concord distress ink to add the colour.
 The script stamp is from The Artistic Stamper and was stamped onto some craft card, torn out and coloured with Distress inks to give it a shabby vintage feel.
 The pen nib is from Tim Holtz and I used a feather charm from the Bead Shop in Brighton. I glued it in place with some pinflare glue and glued it in place with some pinflare as well.

Head on over to Fun With ATC's to see what the awesome DT have created for some inspiration and as always we would love to see what you can come up with.
Thanks for sticking with me over the last couple of days, I shall leave you in peace now. x

15 comments:

  1. Drooltastic! My favourite colours - deep purple and black, sooooo gorgeous together. Love the majestic feel of your ATC, so elegant & fun. Great piece of art. Px

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool background, striking against script. love the pen! trace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the rich purple and black. And your pen is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful background stamping Mark. Like Trace and Neil, I love the pen - the curl of the feather and the way you've placed it gives a great composition.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Mark, very elegant, gorgeous rich purple and loving the feather! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you see... great minds think very similarly!! Love your feathered quill, and that background is so sumptuous - wonderful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I like this...especially the colour. You mention it is a cover the card stamp....is this a brand (as I love the design)?

    Love the pen nib and feathers too

    kyla

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very beautiful Mark! Love the pen nib w/ the feather! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is just soooo beautiful. A wonderful piece. :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beauty! Love the purple/black colour combo and the feather with the pen nib. Fab make. Suzanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That feather...my god that's gorgeous! I've had a lovely time checking out the last bunch of posts - and I am so sad that I didn't think of naming my cats "spesh" in the first place! That is the funniest idea ever - and we have at least 2 of 3 cats that qualify, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful colors and props here Mark. Your work has always amazed me! I have missed dropping by to see what you are up to - I see you are still as clever as ever. Wow!! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mark, I am a new follower and I love your creations especially your ATC's! This one is one of my favourites of yours; it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete