Tuesday 1 January 2013

Fun With ATC's challenge, Try Something New

Hello and Welcome to my followers new and old. Happy New Year to you all, I hope your heads are not hurting to much this morning ;)
 Ok, now on to the new challenge over at Fun With ATC;s, we are kicking off the new year with a 'Try Something New' chalenge, now your something new could be one of those stamps you got for Xmas, some new stains/paints/inks or even a new technique, something you have not tried at all or not tried for an ATC.
 I have two ATC's to share today, the first one I decided to try something new for me, I will try and keep this short, the idea was to create a layered ATC with acetate and mica, a different stamp on each layer and  some blended alcohol inks for some colour.It sort of worked and I learnt quite a lot for next time I have a go at making something like this (fiddly is not the word) the only problem came when trying to get a good pic, It should have been see through with the light shining through but all the pics looked pap so I attached it to a mount board cut ATC blank with some brads. If you look carefully you can see the mica fragment in the middle.
I used Stayzon Ink in black and white and stamps from Tim Holtz, my New stamp from Studio 490 and the cogs are from Paper Artsy.The metal cogs are also from Tim Holtz. The back ground was made with auqa,denim and white alcohol inks and blended together for the mottled look.

The second ATC was a little quicker, as I said in an earlier post it was my Xmas mission to get to grips with copic markers, I am happy with how things look now, But any advice/critique is always wanted.
 The Image is a digi called Eva The Witch and is from my blog friend Teri who runs Delicious Doodles she has loads of stunning images. This is one of my Favourites from her range.

Again, Thank you all so much for stopping by,and thank you for all the words of encouragement and support last year, I look forward to seeing what you all come up with in the year to come.

Oh and of course, to see what our DT have been up to head over to Fun With ATC's to see their amazing creations, Whilst you are there why not enter, it would be great to see what you will come up with.

HAPPY 2013 xxx

I would like to enter the 2nd ATC in to the challenge over at Delicious Doodles they are having an Out With The Old challenge.

I would also like to enter the 2nd ATC into the challenge over at Digi Galore they are also having a something new challenge.
.

20 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too... I think both your ATC's are great, and I'm no expert but you seem to have managed the copic pens pretty well. Love Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally stunning ATCs!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent ATCs. You're really talented with the copics. The digital stamp looks superb. Pxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ATC love ur Colouring
    Thank you for joining us at Digi Galore
    Erin
    Ps : could you please re-enter your project into inlink's as i wrote the wrong date on it and it deleted all 3 entries ( sorry about that ) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think both ATCs are excellent Mark, I can see the mica on the first but can understand how fiddly it must have been. I really do not think you need much advice with the Copics - your colouring and shading look amazing! Happy New Year to you too. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these are wonderful and I have to agree with Anne that you have done an excellent job with the Copics! While the first ATC may have been more than 'fiddly', the layers have such a marvelous effect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous ATCs, Mark!! Nice thing about Teri's images is that she has done most of the shading for you, but your coloring really brings her image to life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your acetate layering, mark!
    And you did an awesome job with the Copics!

    Happy New Year to you!

    Greetings from spoilt Vienna *lol

    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Mark! So good to hear from you! I hope that your Christmas holidays were very nice and that 2013 will be an especially wonderful year for you. Thanks so much for your nice comments that you left on my blog. They are much appreciated! I stopped by your blog and I'm so glad that I did. These ATCs are nothing short of AMAZING! I love the vivid colors! I've never used Copics! You rocked them, my friend. Love the Octopode ATCs too.... <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Mark have a wonderful 2013 and really nice on the projects you did. Thanks for the comment on my last post I check out the site you told me about. I safe the site to my favorites.

    Justie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - that layered acetate and mica is amazing... love how the images hover into one another! And the Copics colouring looks great - still holding off on that one: I've got more than enough to be playing with for now!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of them are fabulous, Mark. I like the first one better, though. As you know I'm not into digis, but you did a great job with the coloring. Excellent work.
    Suzanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mark,
    You make quite fantastic ATC cards. I am very excited to make this kind of your cards. I've looked a little bit in your blog and I like all your work very well.
    ATCs I do not last long, but your kind of can learn a lot.
    Sends a nice evening and greetings from Germany you Carmen ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous ATC's Mark :-) the techniques and colours are fabulous :-)

    Unfortunately, as you blogged this before the Simon Says Stamp Challenge they won't be eligible in the prize draw, I hope you can join in with a new entry :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous ATC's Mark, I love your first one, it is amazing - so brilliantly accomplished. What a stunning image of you 2nd and so beautifully coloured.

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great work Mark.
    Thanks for playing along with Digi Galore and a Happy 2013 to you
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your work with those copics looks amazing to me - I don't own any and I've never used one either - how sad is that! Can't decide which of these two I like best really! I love how the colours glow in the bottom one. Great stuff Mark.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such an interesting layering technique. You come up with such creative stuff. gorgeous coloring on the second. I think you've got the coloring down. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both are brilliant, really cool x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mark your ATC's are both fabulous, it looks to me like you have sussed and mastered the Copics :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete