Monday 1 October 2012

Lexi's Creations Guest DT piece PINK!!!

Ok as I said earlier, there are 2 posts today, here is the 2nd.
A couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to be drawn to be the guest designer over at Lexi's Creations and of course when the email came through with the details I was very excited, I was still excited but a little shocked when I saw the Theme for the challenge. 'PINK'   lol, Now that is a challenge ;)
Now the theme is pink for a reason, In October it is Breast Cancer Awareness month, A very good cause obviously and I am really happy that I might be able to make something to highlight the cause in some way even if its just a little.
This is a 2 week challenge and is sponsored this week by My Heart Pieces they are a digi stamp company. lots of images to choose from.
I decided to make a tag for this project but obviously could not make it too girly ;)
I cut the tag using the Tim Holtz die and coloured it with spun sugar distress ink and then added some worn lipstick and Victorian velvet to give some depth to the colour. The tag was embossed with one of my folders and gone over with the darker pinks so you could see the details.
I used a digi flower image called 'baby bugs flower' that was very kindly given to me by Fairy Dust Crafts for this challenge, they do lots of digi images as well as a whole range of other craft products including rubber stamps, pro markers and some bling things ;)
The flower was printed out and then coloured with my copics, nothing technical just straight colours as I wanted it to be clean and simple.I painted over the image with matt glue and seal so it would resist the distress inks when I came to do the background. As you can see the image was torn out, it was then distressed with worn paper and the edges were done with vintage photo and walnut stain. I then went over the whole thing with victorian velvet to blend it all together and have a worn pink look. it was attatched with a Tim paper clip.I also went round the edges of the main tag with the vintage photo and walnut stain.
I added the brown patterned ribbon down one side and used the tinny attacher to stick it down, I also added two pink ribbons to act as the Breast Cancer ribbon.
The heart and Butterfly come from the bead shop in Brighton, I cut their eyelets off so they did not just look like charms stuck down.
the 'Live Life' comes from Tims sticky words pad and they seemed quite fitting for the theme.I left them white so they would stand out from everything else.
Hopefully I have done some justice to the Breast Cancer theme here.

I would also like to enter this in to the Link Up For Pink link up party, they have a massive give away and pink party as it is Breast Cancer Awareness month.

thanks for stopping by.It is very much appreciated x






35 comments:

  1. Mark this is beautiful. Being that I myself was just diagnosed with Breast Cancer in June of this year and I am currantly going through treatment anything that will show love, support, give hope and courage is so appreciated! Your project is perfect!

    Carol (Carol's Creations)
    4evercarolscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Mark! You really know how to tap into your feminine side. This is so pretty and for an extremely worthy cause too!! YOu ROCK! Congrats on the guest DT gig.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mark - this really is a gorgeous tag and you have done "The Pink Thing" with style! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this time as our Guest Designer.
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Mark on being the guest designer for challenge #75 and I love your tag with that fabulous pink colour and distressed look. Really is a fabulous creation!

    Glenda
    LCDT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mark,

    Great tag!! Congrats on being the guest designer!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mark, I never thought I would see the day.....but here you are with pink! Your tag is really beautiful and a wonderful way to acknowledge Breat Cancer Awareness Month. The flower is stunning and the heart and butterfly are such great choices, as are the words. Well done on being a Guest Designer too!! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Tag Mark. Just goes to show you can achieve anything when you put your mind to it and in pink too. Great Tag for a great cause. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your beautiful textured pink tag

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a lovely tag Mark.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely tag, even if its pink, but a good cause. Do like the textured background. Love francesca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous Mark - you did this sooooo well. It's lovely :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, now that was a challenge for sure! but you did really well and your pink tag is really beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How well did you rise to this challenge Mr GD?! It's SO in your face and I love it. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, hope to see you link it at Link Up for Pink, :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for being my guest this time at Lexi's Creations Mark...I knew the challenge 'Pink' would probably give you a few reservations but you have come up with such an amazing design for a tag, absolutely gorgeous. Hope you keep coming back, love your work!
    Love and hugs
    Susan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pink, ribbons, flowers, butterflies - and yet somehow still not 'girly' (which I suppose is understandable!)... Fantastic textural work as always!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice job on this tag. Love all the details.
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome tag,love the design, paper, embellies, all great. Thanks for joining in at Link Up for Pink and good luck in the draw.

    Hugs
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW ... how PRETTY this turned out. Great design!
    Blessings, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful project--that tag is absolutely fab! Thank you for joining us at Link Up For Pink!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the bold colors!!!! Very pretty!!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Link Up For Pink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for joining Link Up for Pink, hope to see more of your cards entered....keep them comin'!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous...the bright colors are amazing together!

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic Tag Mark! You've done a brilliant job with the pink colour, it would have floored me if I'd been set it as a challenge. The ribbons are a nice little touch too. Sorry I haven't been commenting on your posts, but I haven't been getting updates to my feeder, & it's meant that i've been missing your recent posts. Have subscribed by email now so that I can catch each new post in the future. You make such great stuff, I wouldn't want to miss it :) Px

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loving you doing pink Mark!! Would like to have seen your face when you realised what the challenge was too!! Great texture, love the 'cancer' crossed ribbons - a great touch. My mother in law has now survived breast cancer twice so I think this is a great challenge idea.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. ...wowzers PINK!...i've been away a tad too long ;) loVe the textured background and the filigree heart, this is a super tag for breast cancer awareness and a great piece for your guest DT piece...well done on the pink front too...Melxx ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great tag! Thanks for joining us and helping us spread BCA at LUFP!

    Many blessings,
    Zeni
    www.scrappyzeni.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey Mark - thanks for the comment on my blog :) If you want to branch out & listen to radio dramas, plays and comedies from the BBC, there's a useful software program called radio Downloader by Nerd of the Herd (http://www.nerdoftheherd.com/tools/radiodld/) It downloads anything on iplayer as an MP3 to your PC. You can even subscribe so that it automatically downloads selected series week after week without you having to remember. I swear by it. If you send me an email (paulatcreating-timedotcodotuk) or find me on Facebook, i'm sure i'll have some CDs I can share :) Have a great week. Px

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful work!! You did great using "pink"! :) Thank you for joining Link Up for Pink, you still have time to enter a few more projects! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous tag! <3 the pink & black combo!

    Staci McD

    ReplyDelete
  31. Excellent work and for such a serious cause. Think you did pink justice :)

    ReplyDelete